In our review of the 6 best woks for an electric stove, we mentioned in the FAQ section that we would give you a couple of great recipes to try out on your wok. Here they are!
A Simple, Delicious Recipe for Cantonese-Style Steamed Fish
Steamed fish is a popular dish in Chinese cuisine, and there are many different ways to prepare it. This recipe is for Cantonese steamed fish, which is a simple yet flavorful dish that can be made with any type of fresh fish. The key to making this dish successfully is to use fresh, high-quality ingredients. With that in mind, let's get started! If you're new to steamed fish or Cantonese cuisine in general, don't worry – this dish is actually quite simple to make. Just follow these instructions and you'll enjoy a delicious meal in no time!
- 1 lb. of white fish (I prefer cod or tilapia, but feel free to use whatever you like)
- 1 thumb ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 tsp. cooking wine
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the fish with cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
2. Place the fish in a heatproof plate or bowl and sprinkle with ginger, green onion, cooking wine, soy sauce, oil, salt and pepper.
3. Heat some water in a steamer or wok and place the plate of fish in it.
4. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fish.
5. When done, remove from heat and garnish with additional green onion if desired.
6. Serve immediately with steamed rice or other accompaniments of your choice!
Steamed fish is definitely one of my all-time favorites, and I hope you'll enjoy it too. It's a simple yet delicious dish that can be enjoyed as part of any meal. I'm sure you'll love the taste of this Cantonese-style steamed fish just as much as I do.
How to Make Thai Red Curry from Scratch
Thai red curry is a delicious, hearty dish that's perfect for a winter night. And while it may seem like a lot of work, this recipe is actually quite easy to follow. So put on your apron and let's get started!
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the chili pepper and curry paste and stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken pieces and stir until they are coated with the curry paste.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and stir to combine.
6. Add the fish sauce, brown sugar, bell pepper and carrot and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
7. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
8. Add the frozen peas and stir to combine. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro leaves before serving.
This Thai red curry is a great way to enjoy all your favorite flavors in one dish! It's easy to make, full of bold flavors, and sure to be a hit at any dinner table. Enjoy!
I hope these recipes have inspired you to create some delicious meals in your own kitchen. Cantonese steamed fish and Thai red curry are two of my favorite dishes, and I'm sure you'll love them too! Happy cooking!
Thanks for stopping by our bee hive!
Each product we review is independently selected by our team, and all opinions in our articles are our own. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We stay in business by receiving a small share of sales from the links on our pages should you decide to buy something.